Membership and Communications Committee
Mission: To attract, engage, and support physicians in a manner so compelling and irreplaceable that MMA membership is identified by Minnesota physicians as essential to providing the highest quality health care in Minnesota.
- Assess MMA membership trends, satisfaction, and interests.
- Work to ensure and encourage diversity in membership to ensure membership that is reflective of Minnesota physicians in terms of gender, geography, specialty, practice style, and racial and ethnic diversity.
- Identify and strengthen the MMA opportunities, activities, and features that incent and facilitate membership recruitment and retention.
- Identify and strengthen opportunities, activities and features for - and eliminate barriers to - engagement and involvement.
- Identify, create, and facilitate programs designed to attract, maintain, and support membership and enhance MMA membership and involvement.
- Monitor and address legislative and political issues that may create opportunities for, or barriers to, membership.
- Communicate opportunities for involvement, activism, advocacy and leadership to Minnesota physicians.
- Maximize communication tools and technologies (e.g., Internet, email, social media, Skype, etc.).
- Communicate issues pertinent to MMA membership issues and activities to the Board of Trustees and MMA membership.
Upcoming Meeting dates:
Monday, April 22
Monday, July 15
Monday, October 21