Ethics and Medical-Legal Affairs Committee
Mission: To safeguard the highest ethical and moral standards in the delivery of health care in Minnesota and to champion professionalism in medicine.
- Address issues that deal with the legal, ethical and moral aspects of medical practice.
- Monitor the issues and activities of the state body responsible for the competency and discipline of Minnesota physicians (Board of Medical Practice).
- Develop and support activities that enhance the role of professionalism in the practice of medicine.
- Monitor and address legislative, regulatory, and judicial activities related to the ethical, moral, and legal delivery of health care.
- Educate Minnesota physician about ethical, moral, and legal issues.
- Communicate relevant issues to the Board of Trustees and MMA membership.